Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Academia

So one of my favourite websites, My Life Is Nerdy, now has a forum. I've been lurking and posting there for the last few days and it's a quite amusing place to be, so I recommend you check it out, fellow nerds.

This week has been a busy one. There's about a month left in the semester, which means the papers and tests are starting to pile on. So tonight I've got to read a book and figure out some sort of response to it before going to karaoke. And after grabbing dinner with my mom -- she misses me.

On Monday afternoon Amy and I signed the lease to our shiny new apartment (yeah, we got the big one - squee), and our move-in date is the 16th, which is about two and a half weeks from now. So I have two and a half weeks to start shifting things into boxes and cleaning things up.

Exciting, no?

I'm also registered for my fall classes, the last classes I will take as an undergraduate EVER.
And I'm going to go insane.

Why? Because this is what my schedule looks like:

Monday / Wednesday / Friday -- no class

Tuesday / Thursday:

9:30-10:45am
Classics 409: Religion in Late Antiquity

11:00am - 12:15pm
History 412: Greek City States

12:30 - 1:45pm
History 436: Saints, Witches and Madwomen

3:30 - 4:45pm
English 452: Fiction Writing

Insane, no? Four 400 level classes, all on the same day, and only one of them (classics) is a requirement.

I'm going to explode in mid-September. Just wait.

So yeah. April is going to be a busy month. I've got papers in three classes, and projects too. I've got research to do, outlines to draw up, work shifts to doze through, books to read... yeah, I'm a busy one.

Least this weekend I will blow off some steam. Friday there's a DJ battle at the Bourbon theater I'm going to go to with some buddies, and Saturday and Sunday are D&D days, which will be lots of fun.

So that's my life update. I'm busy, but things are good all the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment