Sunday, February 28, 2010

A D&D Filled Weekend

Another weekend been and gone, but this one's been a good one. I created a new character, Jenaskha Derris, and she has been kicking butt and taking names up and down Korthos and Stormreach with awesome cleric powers of doom. Seriously, the bonus XP weekend has been wonderful in that it only took me a day to get her up to level three. Best way to spend a relaxing weekend EVER.

But enough of my babble about MMOs. The rest of my weekend involved social time with regular old pen and paper D&D, and even though both my weekend sessions were shorter than normal due to time constraints, they both went pretty well.

Saturday afternoon was Red Hand of Doom campaign with my friend Alpha (who's given name is Thomas, but the group has two Thomas's so they go by Alpha and Beta). He's running the premade adventure for us, and so far it's going well. The party consists of five characters:

- Victoria, Aasimar Favored Soul, played by Jordan
- Victor, Aasimar Shadowcaster, played by Chris
- Arteme, Aasimar Sorcerer, played by Jim
- Janos (though he goes by multiple names), Tiefling Rogue/Marshal/Chameleon, played by Beta
- Kelda, Snow Elf Barbarian/fighter/ranger, played by me

So yeah. we're an interesting party. We didn't do much on Saturday since we were limited in time, but we managed to convince the townsfolk to run away from the goblin horde about to attack them and fight off a chimaera, not that I managed much damage. My dice were suffering from the suck that day, so I spent combat flailing around ineffectually while everyone else killed the damn thing.

Such is the life of a D&D player. Sometimes you are lucky, and other days you want to fire your dice into the sun.

Amy's campaign was far more successful. We managed to make it to Threst (finally) and even got to kill some wraiths. a successful evening in my book for sure.

So that was my weekend. I also moved a few more steps forward on the new car thing, watched a ton of Big Bang Theory, and ate a lot of frosting straight from the jar with a spoon.

I know. I'm disgusting. I'm comfortable with it.

Another week begins tomorrow. I'll probably face it the way I do most things: with sleep deprivation and daydreams.

Now I'm off to kill doods while I wait for Jim to finish the Misery's Peak quest. That we may kill even more doods. Yay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment