Sunday, February 21, 2010

MMO's and Vehicles

I'm a big fan of weekends; any day that gives me an opportunity to sleep in past eight thirty in the morning and play videogames and D&D is as good day in my book.

I've started playing DDO: D&D Online, at the recommendation of my roommate Chris. I've never tried playing an MMO before -- I've tended to avoid them because of their two major flaws in my book. 1) They cost money. 2) They take up a lot of time.

However, DDO has managed to eliminate the first of those qualms, in that the Eberron setting is completely free and unlimited. Issue #2 is still there, but all that involves is a little self control.

Not that I have a lot of that, but as long as I remember to get my homework done before I run around killing Sahuagin and becoming a more awesome Wizard.

Speaking of which, homework is definitely pressing on my mind. Paper due in my creative writing class tomorrow morning about a book I've been reading called Leaving Atlanta. It's a good book, but I made the mistake of signing up for a craft device that doesn't really have a specific definition: emotional core. Not hard to explain of course, but its not really something I can do research on. Which might diminish my grade. Unfortunate, but true. Then again, if I mention that research on the topic was difficult, that might help.

Ah, the power of Bullshit.

So until I get on that, I'm gonna watch Chuck and finish reading the book I need to read. I love this show. It's most definitely one of my favorites.

My other thought for the day is about my car. Well, my nonexistent car. Next month I'm finally acquiring my own vehicular transportation. I haven't had a car that even remotely resembled my own property since high school, and even then, my sister and I shared it. Once I went off to the big bad world of college, the car remained in my sister's possession, and then got sold two years later when she headed off to that same big bad world.

So yeah. I can't wait to have a car. I can't wait to be free to drive wherever I want to drive, to have the opportunity to just head to the gaming store whenever I want, to go visit friends on the other side of town without them having to come pick me up.

I've also been thinking about that car, and that it'll need a name. A ridiculously geeky name.

Any recommendations? I'm debating between a Star Wars name (The Milennium Falcon or similar), a fantasy steed (Shadowfax, for example) or something from literature or comic books. Suggestions are welcome, and I'll probably gather and list the finalist names closer to the actual acquisition of the vehicle.

So that's that. Time to crap out a three-page paper, finish reading a book, and watching Chuck. And later, I get to play D&D.

Gotta love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment